There are some cases that the technician needs to control client’s computer remotely. Some issues/training can be quickly done through screen sharing instead of visiting client’s premise directly. It saves time of both client and technician and can have a quick solution instead of waiting for the technician to reach the site.
For this, the first thing client needs a fairly decent internet connection. Next is to have a Remote Desktop Sharing Utility. There are a lot available in the market. We recommend, Chrome Remote Desktop, which is free and is developed by Google.
Please follow below steps to setup Chrome Remote Desktop in your Computer.
- You need a google(gmail) account (if you don’t have, go to this link and setup one)
- You need Chrome Browser installed (go and get it here)
Steps to install Chrome Remote Desktop :
- Open ‘Chrome’ browser and search ‘chrome remote desktop’.
- select the very first result,
- Alternatively, you can get it by this link : Chrome Remote Desktop – Chrome Web Store – Google
- Select ‘Add to chrome’ button on the new window opened.
- Select ‘Add app’ button in the pop box.
- Once the installation is complete, Select ‘Launch App’ button.
- Now you can see ‘Chrome Remote Desktop’ window.
- Select ‘Get Started’ button on the ‘Remote Assistance’ area.
- Then select ‘share’ button. Now you can see the ‘chrome remote desktop host’ is begin to install.
- When installation is complete you can see a 12-digit access code for the remote assistance.
- Share this with us to get connected to find the solutions.
Please go through these images to learn the steps easily.